The Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce invites you and your business to join the Business Development Connection (BDC) leadership team. This exciting initiative will not only help you grow, but will bring exposure to your business. We are seeking energetic, positive business leaders to join the 2019 BDC team.
Membership is open to all employees of companies and organizations who are members of the Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce. With special emphasis on business owners, management and emerging senior management employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide the enthusiasm and support necessary to help coordinate and build an effective product for the business community.
- Project a professional and positive image when representing the BDC.
- Promote the program to other business leaders.
- Help create exciting opportunities and share your creative ideas.
- Attend meetings and functions of the BDC.
We are seeking volunteers to Chair any of the following committees:
- Women’s Leadership Chair – Works closely with BDC Liaison and volunteers to identify and effectively deliver leadership programming and networking opportunities to connect and encourage women leaders in our area. Capstone: Lead the planning for the ATHENA Leadership Award Luncheon Committee.
- Small Business Chair – Works closely with BDC Liaison and volunteers to identify and effectively promote small business discussions and activities throughout the year. Assist in finding ways to strengthen and provide approaches to encourage member growth while emphasizing the strength and diversity within our multicultural business community. Capstone: Lead the planning for the Minority Business Opportunity Awards Dinner.
- Education Chair – Works closely with BDC Liaison and volunteers to identify and effectively provide networking and educational opportunities for entire business community. Leads the planning group that provides quality and timely professional growth and business development experiences in an informal luncheon format. Capstone: At least 3 educational luncheons throughout the year.
- Connections Chair – Work closely with BDC Liaison and volunteers to identify and effectively provide professionals of different industries an environment that is conducive to networking, exchanging ideas, gaining contacts and promoting business. Leads the Chamber’s Organizational Outreach Team that identifies ways to partner with local affinity groups to increase the Chamber’s message reach and impact and to facilitate important discussions among the sectors of the local business communities related to economic development, legislative and community efforts. Capstone: At least two Affinity Group roundtables throughout the year
We are also seeking volunteers to serve on any of the following committees:
- Women’s Leadership
- Small Business
The BDC Executive Committee will meet and select individuals to serve in various leadership positions, subject to approval by the Greater Shreveport Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. Immediately after the Chamber Board approval, individuals will be notified of their selection to the BDC leadership team.
You can make a difference by being involved with this group. For questions, please contact Ellie Ward at 677-2524.
If you are ready to volunteer your time and be considered for a leadership position, please take a moment and fill out the information requested below: